Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Moksha for Hiranyakashyap
You would know that fable. Otherwise here goes: Hiranyakashyap the king, hated Narayana the god, but ironically his son was an ardent devotee. This pissed off Hiranya to such an extent that Narayana�s name was always on his mind and lips. Thus when he died, he is said to have attained �moksha� or emancipation for having merely thought of the god all the time. Now why am I telling you this story? I hated all soaps on TV and kept irritating my mother who is an ardent �devotee�. Now the chickens have come home to roost. I remember all the character names and sometimes even remind my mother of a lost storyline. Oh crap!


8:37 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.