Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Monday, May 19, 2003

Chocolate bar, Sandwich, Chocobar, Sight and Sound
That�s what exactly I had for lunch at the British Council cafeteria. (Chocolate bar thanks to Rohini.) Weeks ago, I had borrowed this wonderfully instructive book: The Technique of Film and Video Editing by Ken Dancyger. Today was the last day of my extended loan period. So I sat in the quiet centralized AC comfort of the BCL and finished the book. Took me some time to finish the last five chapters and after that I gladly picked up this month�s issue of Sight and Sound. There was this neat article about the shooting for the Exorcist prequel in Morocco. An interesting thing was the tone in one part of the article that talked about the supposed perils of shooting in today�s troubled times in a Muslim country that too a movie with a strong Christian theological theme. Talk about the all-pervasive nature of contemporary conflict; it sure has the western media completely paranoid. But I sure don�t blame these reporters either; it�s the times we live in.


11:55 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.