Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Sunday, May 18, 2003

Sapphire
Somehow I have always been enamoured by and interested in the Sapphire theatre complex on Mount Road. Of course I have no memory of ever being inside the complex or watching any shows. Just the building and its location were fascinating. For years it had been in disuse locked up, gathering cobwebs like majestic ruins on one of the busiest road in Chennai. I had always dreamt of one day buying up the place and building a super post-production/screening facility. OK why suddenly all this nostalgia? Today on my way home I noticed the tell tale signs of construction/demolition in this part of the world�coconut-leaf-weave envelop around the theatre. Through a small crack in the covering I noticed the theatre building being pulled down. So much for my dreams!


7:58 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.