Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

The Lord of the Rings
I have successfully become an �also-ran� by completing the ritual of watching the three movies. I have not read the book, so I really cannot hope to enter the fellowship of fans nor can I be the Gandalf of trivia. From my point of view, all I see are the films and how they justify their existence.
Peter Jackson seems to have matured as a filmmaker since the first part. I for one, don�t judge a film by its Oscars (I never felt compelled to watch Titanic). So I will not stand judgement over the film�s aesthetic, technical or storytelling competence. All I would say is that if I were to make a film from a book that has caught the fancy of fans and has inspired generations of creators, I would style it differently. Therefore, my differences with Peter Jackson are purely professional ;)


5:59 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.