Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Lord of the Rings
I finally jumped on to the bandwagon today. Just watched the first film. They have special shows today and tomorrow for everybody to catch up with things in time for the Return of the King. I feared that the rerun prints would be terrible, but not at all: they were in fact pretty good. Nevertheless, apart from the virgin LOTRers like me, most of the hall was filled with people who seemed to know all the lines by heart.
I haven�t read the book, but I have read the Hobbit. The film is definitely not a filmmaker�s film, and it seems, that just like the ring, the story has a life and a will of its own. It wants to be told and it will be told irrespective of the filmmaker�s skill.


11:15 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.