Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Monday, August 04, 2003

Tale of two movies
Today I saw two very different movies and both of them hits in their own rights. Andha Naal was an excellent movie, not just for its interesting plotline or impressive script and acting; it�s close to genius filmmaking. From the shot selection to the editing, it was oozing with perfection and disciplined storytelling.
That was on afternoon television. The other film I saw today was in a reasonably crowded theatre. Jeyam must be seen in a theatre. Here I have a confession to make. I just happen to know very well the lead actor of the film and his family. Ravi studied with me in Loyola. In fact I just spoke to him to tell him how proud I am of him. Jeyam is a typically successful Tamil movie so instead of trying to make my own point about the film, I am shamefully partisan in condoning it. Let me put it this way: It is an impressive movie with its own typically Tamil-film shortcomings, but the audience loves it and Ravi has done a great job.


10:07 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.