Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Thursday, May 29, 2003

The Hobbit
I had borrowed the book from Mihir quite some time ago but found only time until yesterday to read it. What do I say? It is a classic.
I am yet to read The Lord of the Rings trilogy and (more important for a film student) see the movies, but from what I have seen of trailers and snippets (and that is hardly any exposure good enough to comment with & if the three other books are of the same vein of the prelude) I have to make one observation. The Hobbit is a story of dark things all right, but I found the imagery very vivid, colourful and dramatically dark. Not de-saturated and morose dark as most interpretations might make it out to be.


4:56 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.