Anand Fadeout

Mdeii Life - Anand Krishnamoorthi's blog

Monday, April 21, 2003

�Distinguished� Mr. Sheep
Today on my way home, I noticed truckloads of cheering, shouting, sloganeering, rowdy groups of political �sheep� being ferried to a rally. I tried to look at the face of one young man on top of a bus. But he was faceless: just another head to a headcount of hundreds.
And then I realized. All along I had believed in the fallacy that I was better off, but despite my exalted education and my prudish indignation of the faceless man atop the bus, how different am I from my own peers? No rallies and bus tops, but boardrooms and classrooms. Just another faceless head adding to the headcount of hundreds. Sheep nevertheless! Sheep nevertheless!


7:30 pm

 | 

Comments



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.